Pennsylvania Precision Cast Parts, Inc. has a rich heritage in the steel industry in south central PA. Four generations of the Miller family have been converting raw materials into quality cast components for over 70 years.
Quaker Alloy was founded by Leroy Miller, James Blauch, John Juppenlatz, and Richard Miller Sr. in 1954. Quaker grew to have over 1300 employees and pour 7000 tons of steel annually in Myerstown, PA. Leroy and Richard Sr. sold the business to Harsco Corp in 1969. Richard Miller Jr became actively involved in the business in 1973 and started an investment cast division for Harsco in 1977. In 1983 Richard Miller Jr resigned from Harsco to start his own investment casting foundry with partner Ron Civita. PPCP was formed in the summer of 1983. A facility was found, equipment purchased, and a few employees hired to start making castings for a handful of customers.
1987 was a monumental year in the history of PPCP. That summer a blaze destroyed the original facility. All that had been built was lost to the fire. By 1987 Richard Miller Jr. was the sole owner of PPCP and determined that rebuilding the facility was the best course of action. The facility was rebuilt and production resumed during the last week of 1987.
By 1990 the business had grown to the point where expansion was inevitable. PPCP purchased the facility that was once part of Lebanon Steel Foundry. The business has continued at this site since the early nineties.
In 2003 PPCP acquired the assets and customer base of Quality Investment Castings, another commercial investment foundry which had been located in Berks County, PA. Through the work of merging the two companies many new business relationships were developed that remain today.
In 2008 PPCP expanded again to a second 25,000 square foot facility adjacent to their current site. This expansion brought exciting efficiency improvements to the operations.
The business grew steadily over the past 25 years to where today it is recognized as a leader in the industry. In 2008 Richard Jr. sold the business to his son Andrew, now the fourth generation to own and run a steel casting facility in Lebanon County, PA.
PPCP is a non-union, privately held enterprise with over 175 employees and producing casting sales of over $16 Million annually. The company has invested heavily in the equipment and resources to remain on the cutting edge of the technology available to investment cast foundries today.